1 dead, 2 injured in Morgan Park CO leak

Authorities respond to a carbon monoxide leak int he 11300-block of South Church Street Saturday night.

One person is dead and two others injured after a carbon monoxide leak at a home in the Morgan Park neighborhood.

The poisonous gas filled the home in the 11300-block of Church Street and HazMat teams rushed to the scene around 9:30 p.m., Chicago Fire Media said.

One woman was found dead inside the home. She has been identified to the the Cook County Medical Examiner's Office as 62-year-old Linda Russell.

Another woman was hospitalized in critical condition and a man was hospitalized in stable condition.

Related Topics:
newscarbon monoxidehazmatChicagoMorgan Park
(Copyright ©2017 WLS-TV. All Rights Reserved.)

Load Comments