2 dead, 1 injured in Gary house fire

An elderly couple was killed and their 15-year-old great-granddaughter was injured after a fire broke out late Friday night at their home in Gary, Indiana.

Fire officials said the fire was started by a space heater in the basement.

The teen was airlifted to Loyola University Medical Center in Maywood for treatment, according to officials. Her condition was not known.
Related Topics:
house firegrandparentsteenagerGary
(Copyright ©2019 WLS-TV. All Rights Reserved.)