The suspects have been armed with weapons, sometimes more than one, in a few of the attacks, and in others the carjackers have physically pulled people from their vehicles, according to an alert from Chicago police.
RELATED: Police investigating 2 carjackings, armed robbery in Lincoln Park, Lakeview
The incidents have all happened when a person was alone in their stopped vehicle or alone on the street, police said. They happened:
- about 10:30 p.m. Oct. 1 in the 1400 block of West Sunnyside Avenue;
- about 9:45 p.m. Oct. 3 in the 2900 block of North Paulina Street;
- about 10 p.m. Oct. 3 in the 3600 block of North Greenview Avenue;
- about 11:45 p.m. Oct. 3 in the 2300 block of West Waveland Avneue;
- about 3 p.m. Oct. 8 in the 4200 block of North Hazel Street;
- about 9 p.m. Oct. 9 in the 2400 block of West Leland Avenue;
- about 9:15 p.m. Oct. 9 in the 2600 block of North Greenview Avenue;
- about 11:45 p.m. Oct. 10 in the 1600 block of West Barry Avenue;
- about 12:30 a.m. Oct. 11 in the 800 block of West Dickens Avenue; and
- about 12:45 a.m. Oct. 11 in the 800 block of West Willow Street.
A detailed description of possible suspects wasn't provided.
RELATED: Police warn of carjackings, armed robberies on North Side
Anyone with information was asked to call Area North detectives at (312) 744-8263.
(Source: Sun-Times Media Wire - Copyright Chicago Sun-Times 2018.)