Considered the most dynamic of the floral industry's design education programs, this year's Symposium programs will cover topics ranging from real world tips on increasing sales and profits to forecasting wedding and special events trends taking place throughout the United States to cutting edge techniques sweeping through Europe and Asia.
The event is partially underwritten by several industry suppliers and organizations. For more information, visit www.aifd.org.
Laurie Lemek AIFD, Ever Flora, Wheeling
Roses - America's favorite flower
- Creative ideas for using roses at home
- Care and Handling tips
Tim Farrell AIFD, Drexel Hill, PA
Fusion - a merging of diverse, distinct, or separate elements into a unified whole.
- How to use diverse materials in your garden in a design
- Mixing flower forms with unity
Larry Kramer AIFD, Big Sky, MO
Armature - A decorative or supportive framework upon which the design is created.
- Using armatures to create your own designs is the perfect mechanical tool for non-designers.
Walter Fedyshyn, AIFD, Anthony Gowder Designs, Chicago
Eco-Chic -- The hot new looks in environmentally friendly designs
- Green is a lifestyle not a color
- Using natural materials to create a design for your party
Howard Silver, AIFD, Anthony Gowder Designs, Chicago
Wedding Trends - '08 - '09