The important thing to remember is that you scrape off your grill with a good wire brush after you've cooked your fish, chicken, steak, etc. Make sure the fruit is sturdy; pineapple, apricot, nectarines and peaches all are good.
Peaches can be added to salads or paired with prosciutto. Pineapple is great with 'dulce de leche' and sorbet or ice cream.
Grilled Peach and Sugar Snap Salad
Yield: 6 servings
- 3 peaches, ripe, sliced into 1/2 inch chunks
- 2 oz melted unsalted butter
- 1 pound sugar snap peas
- 1 tblsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- 12 oz baby arugula
- 1 oz Sherry Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tblsp shallot, roasted and minced
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 grinds fresh ground black pepper
Grilled Pineapple Dessert
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 1 jar dulce de leche
- coconut sorbet or ice cream
- fleur de sal/sea salt (optional)
For more information call Limelight Catering at 773-883-3080.