Aspiring fashionistas can also visit the "Closet Cases" show page at www.fineliving.com/closetcases to watch Lloyd's exclusive "Smart Tips" videos where he shares his style expertise; flip through before-and-after photos of amazing closet and wardrobe transformations; get their daily dose of "must-haves" in the ShopTalk blog; and upload photos of the craziest fashion faux pas in the "How Did THAT Get in My Closet?" section. Full episodes will also be available on the site the day after a new episode airs. Additionally, FLN is launching a weekly "Closet Cases" online poll where viewers can weigh in with their thoughts on fashion and share the secrets hidden in their own closets. According to the first weekly poll, which generated more than 1,400 votes, a surprising 59% of respondents said they were not influenced by celebrity style; plus fashion icon Sarah Jessica Parker was considered less stylish than Jennifer Aniston (13% vs. 22%), and Katherine Heigl came in last with 6%. New questions will be posted to the site every Wednesday.
Boston has been offering fashion advice and tips for the past decade to millions through his books - "Before You Put That On" (Simon & Schuster), "Make Over Your Man" (Doubleday) and "Men of Color" (Artisan) - and his countless television appearances on shows such as "Oprah" and "The View." He has been a leading television voice of New York Fashion Week for nearly 16 seasons and recently teamed up with Jones New York as their first exclusive "Style Guy" spokesperson, which affords him the opportunity to travel the country and share his fashion sense with consumers. He is also the former VP of Art Direction for Tommy Hilfiger and has been a style lecturer to numerous brands including Giorgio Armani and American Express.
Boston's simple style philosophy is "less is modern." According to Boston, people of every size, shape and budget will find tips for looking fresh and fashionable.
"Most people are buried under layers of life stages that have translated through their clothes - whether it is a job promotion, having kids, or moving across climate zones - and these layers are keeping them back from their best style," Boston said. "I hope when viewers watch 'Closet Cases,' they can identify some of the layers they might need to peel back in their own closets in order to reconnect with their younger or more stylish self. I want to provide a kinder, more gentle style oasis because I want to empower men and women and help them feel safe."
In his new FLN series Closet Cases, Lloyd works with men and women who need fashion game plans. He explains how to shop smart, combine outfits and do more with less. Here are his top ten secrets to modern style:
1. Buy the size that fits. Not the size that you think you are.
2. Wake up your look by adding just a pop of bold, unexpected color. Be careful of bright, head-to-toe color.
3. Be aware of proportion. Balanced contrasts=high style. Fuller tops call for slimmer bottoms, and reverse.
4. Have a (professional) affair with a Tailor!
5. A dated lipstick can destroy an otherwise perfect look. If your college photos show a similar shade, guess what?—it's time to update!
6. Wear white all year, as long as the fabric is seasonally appropriate. Black at every chic affair becomes cliché.
7. Learn how to shop by item, not by outfit, from Tiffany's to Target. Name brands should take a backseat to style. 8. Take 10 years off your look. Give hosiery the day off once and a while. Bare legs look young and modern.
9. Check your backside before leaving home. You've seen women who haven't, and you know what you've thought.
10. Shoes are so important, speaking volumes about you. Beware of the thick heel, worn edges, and curled toe.
Style Miles: 4 Ways to Maximize your Spring Wardrobe
Lloyd Boston, www.lloydboston.com Jones New York www.jny.com style guru, says you can add a few key pieces in order to maximize your spring wardrobe. Here is a sneak peak of the fashion presentation he'll lead at Macy's www.macys.com on State Street today at 6pm. Reservations are not necessary.
Look #1 Bold Color
Model: Andi (Missy)
Turquoise stretch jacket with zipper detail $119
floral print sleeveless knit v-neck with twist gather $89
white cotton cargo pant with D-ring detail $50
Look #2 White Shirt
Model: Wynettka (Women)
white 3/4 length sleeve blouse w/ floral eyelet $79
soapstone khaki capri pant $75
Look #3 3 – 1 Dressing (One piece that can be worn several different ways; we're showing one of them; Lloyd will talk about the other two)
Model: Tonnessa (Petite)
white knit tank $39
white crochet cardigan $109
floral chiffon print maxi skirt $139
Look #4 A Dress
Model: Danielle (Missy)
100% silk sheath dress with 3/4 length sleeve in geometric dot print $149
Jones New York Style Miles Event with Lloyd Boston
Macy's on State Street
Thursday, April 30
At 6 p.m.
Enjoy a fashion presentation and enter to win the opportunity to meet Lloyd for a mini personal style consultation. Receive a gift with your Jones New York purchase of $100 or more during the event