• 1/2 cup purple onion, roughly chopped into strips
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 Tbsp. ginger, minced
• 1 red bell pepper, chopped into strips
• 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped into strips
• 1 cup snow peas
• 1 cup baby carrots, sliced in half
• 1 cup broccoli florets
• 1 can mandarin oranges, drained
• 3/4 cup dry roasted cashews
• 1/2 box wheat linguine
• 2 Tbsp. canola oil for stir-frying
STIR FRY SAUCE:
• 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
• 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
• 1 1/2 cup orange juice
• 1 large orange, shred outer peel for zest
• 1/2 tsp. Asian 5 spice powder
• 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
• 2 tsp. cornstarch
1. Place stir fry sauce ingredients together in a bowl. Whisk until the brown sugar is well distributed and the cornstarch has dissolved.
2. Place prepared chicken in a bowl. Pour 1/4 of the stir fry sauce over chicken. Set chicken aside to marinate while you chop the vegetables and prepare the other ingredients.
3. Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil and place linguine in the pot.
4. Place a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, peppers and ginger. Stir fry briefly to release the fragrance (30 seconds).
5. Add the marinated chicken. Stir fry until chicken pieces are opaque in the center (about 5 minutes). Add 1 Tbsp. water if your wok/pan becomes dry.
6. Add the snow peas, carrots and broccoli. Then, add 3/4 cup of the stir fry sauce. Stir fry 2-4 minutes, or until vegetables have softened slightly, but are still firm and colorful.
7. Turn heat down to low. Add the oranges and cashews, stirring gently to combine.
8. Serve by placing noodles onto dish, topping each portion with vegetables, chicken and extra sauce.
Entertainment Tip: If you really want to wow your friends and family, serve dish in fried rice boxes with chop sticks and fortune