1 lb. penne pasta
12 oz. chicken breast, cut into 1-inch chunks
8 oz. smoked sausage, sliced into one-quarter-in. rounds
16 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
One-half cup onion, sliced thin
One-half cup green pepper, sliced thin
2 Tbs. olive oil
1 Tbs. blackening spice
1 cup salsa (use your favorite, mild to hot, depending on your preference)
1 Tbs. chopped parsley
Alfredo Sauce (recipe follows)
1. Cook penne according to package directions, drain and keep hot.
2. Prepare the Alfredo Sauce below.
3. Heat olive in a large skillet over medium heat. Add peppers and onions and sauté for 4 minutes until soft.
4. Add chicken and sausage to pan, cook for 5 more minutes until chicken has cooked through.
5. Add shrimp to pan and cook for 2 more minutes.
6. Add the prepared Alfredo Sauce to the pan, along with the salsa. Bring to a simmer. Remove the shrimp.
7. Add the cooked penne and toss with the sauce. Divide between 4 large plates or bowls. Top each serving with 4 shrimp and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
4 oz. butter , unsalted
2 cups heavy cream
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups grated parmesan cheese
One-half tsp kosher salt
1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1. Place butter, cream and garlic in a 4-qt. saucepan. Bring to a boil, turn to a simmer and reduce by 20 percent.
2. Add cheese and whisk well until smooth.
3. Add salt and pepper.
Use sauce in above recipe. Can be made ahead and refrigerate