Magnets found by young children can be swallowed or aspirated. If more than one magnet is swallowed, the magnets can attract each other and cause intestinal perforations or blockages, which can be fatal.
The firm has received two reports of children swallowing one or more magnets. No injuries were reported.
The recalled magnets were sold at a variety of stores, including stores selling children's toys, stationery and office supplies and various online sites from March 2009 through March 2010.
For additional information, contact Maxfield and Oberton at (888) 847-8716 between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. CT Monday through Friday or visit the firm's website at www.maxfieldandobertonsafety.com
For more information visit: http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml10/10251.html