For the salad:
- 3 medium yellow beets (about 1 pound), stems trimmed off
- 3 medium red beets (about 1 pound), stems trimmed off
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups baby Arugula
- 1/4 pound shaved Ricotta Salata cheese
- 8 spears grilled asparagus
For the dressing:
- 3 cups raspberry vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup salad oil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Place the beets in a baking pan, drizzle with the oil, and season with salt. Cover with foil. Bake for about 1 hour, or until tender when pierced with a knife.
While the beets are roasting, make the dressing: Combine everything put the salad oil, whisk together. Slowly whisk in oil until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper
When cool enough to handle, peel the beets, and thinly slice them into rounds. Arrange on a serving platter lay asparagus over beets and drizzle with the dressing. In a large bowl, toss the Arugula with the remaining dressing and place on top of beets in the center of the platter.
Using a microplane grater, grate the desired amount of cheese over the salad