Just about every French restaurant in town is gearing up for Bastille Day on the 14th, and none more so than Cyrano's Bistrot in River North. The restaurant will host a special four-course French feast with all kinds of options for diners. Chef and owner Didier Durand shared his special menu, and below are some more Bastille Day celebrations to satisfy your hunger.Bastille Day Celebrations
546 N. Wells St.
Cyrano's on the River
South bank of the Chicago River, between Michigan Avenue and Columbus Drive
233 E. Lower Wacker Drive
Four-Course Menu with options, $35.95
First Course (select one):
- Country Pâté, Rabbit Rillettes, Chicken Liver Mousse Assortment
- Provençal Ratatouille with Black Olive Tapenade Croutons
- Grilled Merguez Sausages, Warm Potato Salad, Tomato Basil Coulis
- Escargots in Garlic-Herb Butter, Cheese Michettes
- Roasted Frog Legs, French Lentils Salad & Vinaigrette
Soup or Salad
Second Course (select one)
- Chilled Corn & Tomatoes Gaspacho With Fresh Herbs
- Chilled Foie Gras Terrine Layered with Artichoke Confit ($4.95 extra )
Third Course (select one):
- Grilled Salmon Mustard Glaze, Grilled Fennel, Fingerling Potatoes & Mushroom- Bordelaise Sauce
- Rotisserie Duck, Lyonnaise Potatoes with Orange Sauce
- Grilled Steak Café de Paris Flavored Butter Plenty of Pommes Frites
- Traditional Coq Au Vin, Root Vegetables, Bergerac Wine Sauce
- Assortment of 9 Cheeses, Grapes and Raisin Bread, available a la carte for $9.95
- Assorted Dessert Platter
110 East Pearson Street
On Wednesday, July 14, the restaurant holds a one-day-only Bastille Day celebration Activities will include a Marie Antoinette look-a-like passing out cream puff nibbles on the Pearson Street patio, complimentary pound cake for all tables and a full menu of Bistro 110 favorites offered for $17.89. Dishes including Cassoulet, Chicken Blanquette and Roasted Duck will all be offered for $17.89. To drink, guests will toast with celebratory $5 sparkling wines and beers.
Fox and Obel Presents "Bastille Day Eve"
401 E. Illinois
Price Per Person: $25.00
6 - 7:30 PM
Masters of bakery, cheese, charcuterie, seafood, and produce collaborate with Todd Hess of H2Vino one of Chicago's purveyors of French wine, to show you how to match food and wine from the Loire Valley to the coast of Provence. You can sign up online by visiting: www.fox-obel.com/store/bastile-day-eve/.
2118 N. Damen
Bucktown's Duchamp Commemorates the Storming of the Bastille with Signature French Fare for $55 per person, including tax and gratuity. Tickets may be purchased at http://duchamp.eventbrite.com or at the restaurant directly.Wednesday, July 14th
6 - 9 p.m.
Le Titi De Paris
1015 West Dundee Rd., Arlington Hts.
Special lunch and dinner menus on Bastille Day