Zucchini, shredded 9 oz
Apple, shredded 9 oz
Carrots, shredded 12 oz
Sugar 3 oz
Oats 3 oz
Wheat germ 3 oz
Egg whites 8 oz
Molasses 6 oz
Oil 4 oz
Vanilla 1 TB
Bread flour 6 oz
Baking powder ½ tsp
Baking soda 1 tsp
Salt 1 tsp
Cinnamon 1 TB
Date sugar 8 oz
Cream 4 oz
Butter 4 oz
For Carrot-Apple-Zucchini Bars:
1) In a large bowl, combine all shredded ingredients--carrots, apples and zucchini---with sugar, wheat germ and oats. Allow to stand for 10 minutes -- the sugar will draw liquid from the zucchini and carrots, which will be absorbed by the wheat germ and oats.
2) Combine egg whites, molasses and oil , using a whisk.
3) Sift together flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
4) Add flour mixture to shredded carrots mixture, stirring until thoroughly blended.
5) Add egg white-molasses-vanilla mixture, stirring until thoroughly blended.
6) Pour into parchment paper-lined half-sheet pan ((12 x 18).
7) Bake at 375F for 20-25 minutes, until completely set in the middle.
For Date Glaze:
1) Combine date sugar, butter and cream in saucepan and bring to a boil.
2) Cook gently for about 2 minutes.
3) Cover with plastic wrap and chill thoroughly.
4) Spread onto carrot bars using a frosting spatula with a decorative swirled pattern.