- Tips for fixing those wood problems:
- Use products specifically designed to keep wood floors looking "company ready". Homespun remedies like soap, vinegar and ammonia are detrimental hardwood and laminate floors.
- Fix a buffet drawer that doesn't slide easily in and out with a candle used as a lubricant on the drawer runners.
- Quick fix for an uneven table or chair is to use a furniture glide only under the short leg.
- Remove candle wax from furniture by first freezing the wax with an ice cube. Then, carefully scrape off the wax with a plastic credit card. Never wipe off hot candle wax because it will only drive the wax deeper into the wood.
- Simple solution to remove a white glass ring from furniture is to make a paste using ashes and baby oil to remove the stain.
- Often loose furniture (especially newer furniture) doesn't always need to be re-glued. Turn the piece over and see if the bolts just need to be tightened with a screwdriver.
Johnson, askbrucejohnson.com , mentioned the product Hardwood Floor Care System on ABC7 News at 11 a.m. The Hardwood Floor Care System comes with 32 oz. bottle of Hardwood Floor Cleaner, mop with multi-pivot head, and a machine washable microfiber cleaning pad. It's made by Minwax and costs between $24.99 and $29.99.