- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup bottled lime juice or juice of 5 limes
- 1 teaspoon lime zest (zest of 1 lime)
- Garnish: lime slices and star fruit slices
1. In a 4-quart saucepan, mix the water and sugar together and bring to a boil, uncovered, over high heat. Stir periodically with a spoon.
2. When the water boils and the sugar dissolves, add the lime juice and zest and cook, uncovered, over medium/low heat for 20 minutes or until light, lime-infused syrup has formed.
3. Cool and store in a glass jar until ready to use.
This syrup is very refreshing mixed with water in a ratio of 3 parts water to one part syrup, along with some ice cubes to keep it chilled. Garnish with slices of lime or star fruit.
Yield: 2 cups