Yield: 1 Portion
- Halibut Filet 6 / 8 oz
- Kosher Salt pinch
- White Pepper pinch
- Canola Olive Oil Blend 0.2 fl oz
- Par-cooked Bacon Bits 0.1 oz
- Fresh English Peas 1.3 oz
- Caramelized Pearl Onions 0.5 oz
- Pea Tendrils 0.3 oz
- Sweet Pea Both 1.5 fl oz
- Lemon Thyme Oil 0.1 fl oz
- Fresh Thyme sprig
1. Season the halibut with kosher salt and white pepper and lightly brush with oil. Grill the fish flesh side down to make the criss-cross marks on the fish.
2. Turn halibut over and continue to cook the fish on the grill until done, approximately 7-10 minutes
3. While the fish is cooking, heat the par-cooked bacon in a sauté pan with the fresh peas, and Caramelized Pearl Onions.
4. Once warmed, add the pea tendrils until slightly wilted; remove from the pan and place in the bottom of the bowl and place fish on top.
5. Expeditor: Once ready to be run, the Expeditor will add the Sweet Pea Broth around the plate and drizzle the Lemon Thyme Oil over the fish as well as a few drops in the broth.
6. Garnish with fresh thyme.
Sweet Pea Broth
Yield: 1 gal
- Fish Stock 5 qts
- Fresh Sweet English Peas 1 lb
- Butter 2.5 oz
- Lime Zest 4 ea
- Kosher Salt 2 Tbls
1. Reduce the stock to 4 qts and add the peas.
2. Bring the stock to a simmer to cook the peas. Once the peas are cooked, take off the heat and add lime zest.
3. Puree the pea liquid in the blender and slowly add the butter. Blend until it is a smooth silky broth.
4. Strain the broth through a chinois and cool it in a cambro.
Lemon Thyme Oil
Yield: 2 cups
- Lemon Oil 2 cups
- Fresh Thyme 1/2 oz
- Kosher Salt 2 tsp
1. Finely chop the thyme and mix with the salt and the oil.
2. Allow mixture to sit for 30 minutes then strain through a coffee filter.
3. Store in a labeled squirt bottle.
Yield: 3 lbs
- Pearl Onions, cleaned 3 lbs
- Butter 1 oz
- Sugar 4 Tbls
1. In a sauce pan, heat the butter and the onions over medium heat, coating the onions in the butter.
2. Allow the butter to get to a golden brown and then add the sugar to caramelize the onions.
3. Cool until needed for service.