Her first book, Skinny Italian, climbed to #5 on the "New York Times" bestseller list. She is now out with a follow up cookbook, "Fabulicious: Teresa's Italian Family Cookbook" . It's available in book stores and on line.
Devil Shrimp with Angel Hair Pasta
Skinny & Quick
Makes 4 to 6 servings
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 pound medium (21 to 25 count) shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 cups Snappy Red Sauce (pre-prepared)
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or more to taste
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 pound angel hair pasta
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
2. Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook, turning once, until it turns opaque, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
3. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil and the garlic to the saucepan and stir until the garlic is softened but not browned, about 30 seconds. (The pan will be hot, so be careful not to burn the garlic.) Add the tomato sauce, red pepper flakes, and black pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Return the shrimp to the saucepan and stir in the lemon juice. Cook just to heat the shrimp through, about 1 minute. Season the sauce with salt, and add more red pepper flakes if you want the sauce really devilish. Remove from the heat.
4. Meanwhile, add the pasta to the water and cook according to the package directions until al dente. Drain well. Transfer the pasta to individual bowls and top with the shrimp and sauce. Serve hot.
Snappy Red Sauce
Skinny & Quick
Makes about 3 1/2 cups, enough for 1 pound of pasta
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes in thick purée
3 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and salt. (A little salt brings out the onion flavor.) Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and stir until the garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute.
2. Stir in the tomatoes with their purée and the parsley and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook at a brisk simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly reduced, about 5 minutes. Serve hot as a pasta sauce.
Teresa Giudice is a NY Times Bestselling author, star of "The Real Housewives of New Jersey" and the proud mom of 4 fabulicious daughters. She has been married to her childhood sweetheart, Joe, for 11 years (Happy Wife, Happy Life!).
Her first book, Skinny Italian, which was released on May 4, 2010, and climbed to #5 on the "New York Times" bestseller list, is the best-selling "Housewife" book in history. Her second book, Fabulicious!: Teresa's Italian Family Cookbook will be out in late Spring 2011.
Appearing on the cover of the cover of People magazine and US Weekly twice, Teresa is regularly featured in InStyle, InTouch, Life & Style, OK magazine, the New York Daily News and even Italian Vogue. She's starred in several People magazine celebrity spreads, including the "Babies of the Year '09," "Halloween 20101," and "Celebrity Cooking" sections alongside other celeb moms like Katie Holmes and Halle Berry. Teresa is a blogger for Bravotv.com as well as for People.com.
Teresa is also a veteran of live television appearances. She was on "Live with Regis and Kelly" a record four times, as well as "The Rachel Ray Show," NBC's TODAY show, "The Wendy Williams Show," Nightline, EXTRA, and The Insider. She guest-starred on an episode of NBC's primetime drama "Mercy" as well as on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?". She regularly stars in sold-out speaking appearances around the country.
Teresa Giudice is fearless, fashionable and a force to be reckoned with. After earning a degree in Fashion Marketing and Management from Berkeley College, Teresa worked in the fashion industry in New York as an accessories buyer for Macy's. She was recently named No. 27 on InStyle magazine's 2009 Style 100 List.
Teresa has delivered the biggest ratings for any Bravo Housewives series or episode, as well as the most viewers of Andy Cohen's "Watch What Happens Live" show. The Real Housewives of New Jersey is the highest-rated Real Housewives franchise for all demographics with more than 4.6 million viewers; it has twice the viewership of The Real Housewives of New York. The Real Housewives of New Jersey is an international hit, playing in the U.K., Australia, Brazil, and even Norway. Teresa's official website, www.TeresaGiudice.com, receives more than 13 million hits a month. She has over 350,000 followers on Twitter and Facebook and loves meeting and talking with her fans around the world.