Many high school students and their parents spend the summer visiting colleges they are thinking about applying for, and te Fiske Guide to Colleges can help in that selection. The guide provides an independent perspective on hundreds of colleges and universities in the U.S., Canada and Great Britain. Now the information contained in the book is available in an app for the iPad.
- Fiske Interactive allows you to go beyond the book and streamline your college search with the following resources and tools:
- Plan your college tour with built-in Google map function
- Find school deadlines and application dates
- Email admissions departments directly from the app
- Browse each college website
- Check out comparable campuses ("overlap schools")
- Fiske Interactive also allows parents and students to quickly and easily organize their top choices using lists and notes:
- Flag schools for a second look
- Categorize the schools you are interested in by using the "Safety Schools," "Probable Schools," and "Reach Schools" list feature
- Add notes to each school
Fiske Interactive includes the hallmark Fiske Profiles that provide a candid, authoritative look at the academic climates and extracurricular scenes of 310-plus colleges and universities. The app allows you to browse through the guide with a swipe of your finger, view photos of each campus, or search by your chosen criteria, including state, campus location, enrollment size, academic program, Fiske rating, or just a keyword.
Fiske Interactive ($19.99) is available exclusively for the iPad.
About the Fiske Guide to Colleges
(RELEASE) Since 1982, the Fiske Guide to Colleges has been conducting in-depth evaluations and student satisfaction surveys on the top colleges and universities in North America. Representing students and parents as consumers, the Fiske Guide has developed one of the most comprehensive collegiate databases available, and the only one that includes real feedback from students and schools, filtered through the eyes of a journalist and pioneer in higher education. With the goal of helping students and parents navigate the increasingly complex college admissions scene, the independent, ad-free annual guide has become a standard part of college admissions literature and is now the country's bestselling college guide.
About Edward B. Fiske
Edward B. Fiske served for 17 years as Education Editor of the New York Times, during which time he realized that college-bound students and their families needed better information on which to base their educational choices. He wrote the bestselling annual, the Fiske Guide to Colleges, to help them.