We had Chris Galdamez, mixologist from Blokes and Birds visit us in our ABC7 studio to show us how to put together drinks with and without alcohol for a summer brunch bar.
1. Bloody Birdy
Tito's vodka infused with Compart Farms bacon (not cooked), jalapenos and horseradish root
2. Bloody Birdy Mix
- 12oz Sacramento Tomato Juice
- 1 tbsp Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
- 1/4 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp Freshly Grated Horseradish
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 tsp Tellicherry Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Green Tabasco
- 1/2 tsp Red Tabasco
- 1/2 tsp Celery Salt
- 1 Shrimp
- 1 Horseradish Havarti Cheese Cube
- 1 slice Jamon Serrano
- 1 Pepperoncini
- 1 Cornichon Pepper
- 1 Grape Tomato
- 1 Sport Pepper
- 1 Lemon Olive
- 1 Cucumber Slice
- Put Tito's Vodka in infusion jar with bacon, jalapenos and horseradish root for 72 hours.
- In a pint glass with ice, pour 2 ounces of Tito's infused vodka.
- Fill glass with home-made bloody birdy mix, and rim the lip of the glass with black pepper.
- Lay skewer across the top of the glass.
- You can also serve your bloody birdies with 3 ounces of Young's Double Chocolate Stout.
* To make this non-alcoholic, simply leave out the vodka.
4. Specialty Mimosa
- 6 oz Pierre Delize Blanc de Blancs sparkling wine
- 3 oz Freshly-Squeezed Orange Juice
- 2 Blackberries
- 2 Raspberries
- 2 Blueberries
- 1/2 oz. Float of Pallini Peachello Peach Liqueur
- In a pint glass, muddle fruit.
- Place in bottom of champagne glass.
- Add sparkling wine and orange juice.
- Float Peachello.
*To make this non-alcoholic, use non-alocoholic sparkling wine or any fizzy, sweet drink. Instead of the peach liquor, use a peach puree.
5. Queen's Jubilee
- 1 1/2 oz Belvedere Pink Grapefuit Vodka
- 1/2 oz Aperol
- 1/2 oz Pama
- 1/2 oz Home-Made Lemon Juice
- 1/2 oz Simple Syrup
- Dash Fee Brothers Grapefruit Bitters
- Combine ingredients into a mixing tin with ice.
- Shake and strain into a martini glass.
- Garnish with grapefruit wedge.