- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound fresh collard greens
- 1 pound fresh cabbage
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1. Bring broth in medium pot to a boil. Add collard greens and cook for 15 minutes.
2. While collard greens are cooking heat olive oil over medium high heat in a sauce pan. Add onions, red bell pepper and garlic. Cook till light brown.
3. Add vegetable mixture to greens and reduce heat to a simmer and cover for 10 minutes.
4. Add cabbage to greens, stir and continue cooking, covered for 10 minutes.
5. Add creole seasoning, sugar, cider vinegar and red pepper, stir and simmer for 25 minutes.