In total, the Farmers Airship will sail in the skies of nearly half of the nation's states. More than two dozen communities are expected to host the Zeppelin for extended stays during April-September, 2011.
- Quick facts about the Farmers Airship:
- The Farmers Airship is a Zeppelin, not a blimp - featuring an internal structural framework, powerful engines, state-of-the-art avionics, and fly-by-wire flight controls, enabling her to perform maneuvers similar to those performed by helicopters, including vertical takeoffs and landings.
- The Farmers Airship is one of only two Zeppelins currently flying in the world today -- and the only such airship in the U.S. or Americas.
- At 246 feet in length, the Farmers Airship is the largest passenger airship in the world -- 15 feet longer than a Boeing 747 and 50 feet longer than the largest blimp.
- The Farmers Airship is the only commercial passenger airship in the United States; it is owned and operated by Airship Ventures
- The Farmers Airship's cabin holds 12 passengers plus two crew, and boasts luxury features like oversized windows (some open!), an on-board restroom with a view, and a rear loveseat complete with a panoramic, wrap-around window. Her tear-proof outer envelope is filled with non-flammable helium.
- When not supporting Farmers community events across the nation, the Farmers Airship regularly offers flightseeing tours and custom charters above the San Francisco Bay Area, San Diego and Greater Los Angeles.
- The Farmers Airship's steady, smooth flight and great panoramas has made her an ideal scientific research and observation platform for organizations including NASA, SETI, Cal-EMA, Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute, Woods Hole Institute and NOAA.
PUBLIC "FLIGHTSEEING" TOURS:
Public "Flightseeing" tours aboard the Farmers Airship will be offered from DuPage Airport July 1-4, ranging from 45-minutes to 2 hours in duration, cruising at 1,200 feet above area landmarks.
A special two-hour sunset flight above the Chicago skyline will also be offered. Tickets are available for: $375, plus tax/person (45 min. tour); $495, plus tax/person (1 hour tour); and $950, plus tax/person (2 hour Chicago sunset tour).
For special rates and reservations, call 650-969-8100, ext. 111 or email@example.com