Yield: 4 servings
2 Amish chickens
8 oz Chicken dry rub
one-half head Napa Cabbage, Cut In Half and Sliced Thin
1 Red pepper, Seeded and Sliced Thin
1 Red onion, Sliced Thin
one-quarter cup Flat-Leaf Parsley, Chopped
one-quarter cup Sliced Almonds, Toasted In The Oven Till Golden Brown
1 Yellow Pepper, Seeded and Sliced Thin
one-half cup White BBQ Sauce (recipe to be added as soon as it becomes available to ABC7!)
1. Heat grill to 325 degrees; keep the coal off to one side of the grill.
2. Rinse chickens under cold water; pat dry with paper towels.
3. Rub chickens with dry rub; coat them inside and out very well. Allow chickens to rest with dry rub for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
4. Place chicken on the non-coal side of the grill with their skin side up.
5. Allow chicken to cook for approximately 1.5 hours or until internal temperature of 180 degrees between the thigh and leg.
6. In a mixing bowl combine cabbage, peppers, parsley, onion, toasted almonds, white BBQ and season with salt and pepper.