Back for a third year, the festival takes place at a new location in the heart of Chicago Little Italy neighborhood -- The Grand Piazza located at 1431 West Taylor Street -- on August 18th & 19th, 6pm to 9pm. The festival highlights the best ice cream and gelato makers around the Midwest.
In addition to free ice cream and gelato tastings the festival includes demos and tastings from top pastry chefs, tastings with chocolatiers and mixologists. Jenni's Splendid Ice Cream based in Ohio is one of the headliners. Jenni Britton Bauer shows some of the more interesting flavors available at the weekend festival. A portion of the proceeds from the festival will be donated to the Ronald McDonald house and Gridiron Greats.
Purchase tickets: chicagobrainfreeze.com
- Flavors featured during the segment:
- Chocomole Sundae featuring the Queen City Cayenne Ice Cream Provided by Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream of Ohio (spokesperson)
- Salty Caramel Ice Cream Provided by Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream of Ohio (spokesperson)
- Ginger Gelato Provided by Zingerman's Creamery of Michigan
- Lavendar Gelato Provided by Canady le Chocolatier
- Goat Cheese & Italian Strawberry Ice Cream Provided by Tony Roberts of The WIT Hotel