According to the online Toilet Paper Encyclopedia:
- 69 percent of people name toilet paper as the 20th Century "convenience" most taken for granted.
- 49 percent choose toilet paper as their "necessity" if stranded on a deserted island -- that's ahead of food!
- 72 percent of people hang the roll with sheets going *over* not under.
- Wiping your nose is the second most common use for toilet paper. The first is obvious.
- In public restrooms, it takes an average of 71 people to use one entire roll.