- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 6 tablespoons of quinoa flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5 tablespoons of earth balance butter
- 1/2 cup minced shallots or onion
- 8 ounces of sliced mushrooms, my favorite, baby bellas
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup dairy free tofutti sour cream
- 1 pound of wheat and gluten free noodles or quinoa
1. Cut 1 pound pork tenderloin into ¼ inch strips. Combine 3 tablespoon of quinoa flour and 1/2 teaspoon salt, and coat meat with flour mixture.
2. Heat skillet, then add 2 tablespoons earth balance butter. Once melted, add tenderloin strips and brown quickly on both sides. About 2 to 3 minutes per side, depending on thickness. Transfer the tenderloin to a plate and keep warm.
3. Add 1 tablespoon of earth balance butter, and sauté the mushrooms and shallots, or onion over medium heat until just softened, 2 minutes.
4. Remove mushroom and onion from pan. Add 2 tablespoons earth balance butter to pan drippings: blend I 3 tablespoons of quinoa flour, add 1 tablespoon tomato paste, and then stir in 1 ¼ cups vegetable stock. Cook and stir over medium-high het till thickened and bubbly.
5. Return meat and mushroom/onion to skillet. Stir in 1 cup dairy free Tofutti sour cream. Cook slowly till heated through, do not let it come to a boil.
6. Serve over wheat and gluten free noodles or quinoa