- 2 boxes of lasagna noodles, wheat gluten and dairy free
- 16 oz jar marinara or your homemade marinara
- 1 lb. ground turkey, pork or combination
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dairy Free Ricotta/Cheese Mixture:
- 2 10 oz packages of vegan mozzarella
- 2 packages of firm tofu, undrained
- 8 to 10 oz of fresh chopped spinach (You can add or substitute any vegetable of your choice)
1. Heat the olive oil, once heated sauté the onion for a minute, add ground meat of your choice. Saute till no longer pink, add fresh herbs and marinara sauce. Heat through and keep on a low simmer.
2. In a Cuisinart, place tofu and mozzarella, blend to a smooth consistency. Add a little water, only if needed.
3. Chop fresh spinach
4. Ready to make your layers
5. Using a 13 x 9 glass baking, dish cover the bottom of the dish with sauce, then place the uncooked lasagna noodles
6. Layer the tofu/mozzarella mixture over noodles
7. Layer the chopped spinach
8. Repeat mixture 2 times, ending with sauce on top
9. Bake at 350 or 375 degrees, depending on the temperature of your oven, covered for 45 to 60 minutes. Test at 45 minutes by using a sharp knife to check the softness of the noodle 10. When the noodle is soft, uncover, top with shredded mozzarella and let brown for 10 more minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes and serve.