- 1/2 c of crunchy peanut butter
- 2 T of sesame oil
- 1 T of soy sauce
- 1/2 T of fish sauce
- 1 T of sherry
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp champagne vinegar
- 1 T of freshly grated ginger
- 1 clove of garlic, finely minced
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 large cucumbers, halved, seeded and sliced in into 1/2 " pieces
- 1 lb of whole wheat spaghetti, cooked al dente (be sure to HEAVILY salt the cooking water)
I ate these all the time growing up - my Aunt Julia made them. You can use regular spaghetti if you want, but I think whole wheat is a great, healthy substitution here because the texture of whole wheat pasta, which often bothers people, is a perfect match for the velvety peanut butter.
Whisk together the peanut butter, sesame oil, soy sauce, sherry, sugar, champagne vinegar, grated ginger and garlic until the sauce is smooth and creamy. You may need to add a tablespoon or two of water.
Dress the cold noodles and cucumbers with the sauce and top with the chopped green onions.