M. Henrietta, the sister restaurant to M. Henry, has a hearty French Chicken stew on its menu that you can make at home. Chef Michael Moorman has the recipe.
1133 W. Grandville Ave.
- Step One:
- 6-7 chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 3 cups white wine (chardonnay, pinot grigio or similar)
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp whole black peppercorns, (tied in a cheesecloth sachet)
- juice of one lemon
- 5 cloves garlic, whole
Fill a 6 qt pressure cooker with the chicken breasts, white wine, 3-4 cups of the chicken broth, the black peppercorn sachet, juice of one lemon and the garlic cloves. Close and seal the pressure cooker and place on medium heat to bring to full pressure. At full pressure, reduce heat and cook the chicken breasts for 20 minutes. Remove pressure cooker from heat and let pressure release before opening.
- Step Two:
- 4 celery stalks, sliced on angle
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 cup pearl onions. blanched and ends cut
- 3 cups yukon baby gold potatoes
- 4-5 fresh thyme sprigs, tied together
- 2-3 TBL butter (or olive oil)
Add the remaining ingredients, and top off with the remaining chicken broth to the pressure cooker's "maximum" fill line. Reseal the pressure cooker, place on medium heat and return to full pressure. Reduce heat and cook for 15-20 minutes more before removing from heat. Let pressure release before opening to serve.