The Pampered Chef's new microwave chip maker lets you make a healthier, homemade version of potato chips, in a reasonable portion size.
- Chef's Tips
- For the crunchiest results, we recommend using Setting 1, the thinnest option, on the Simple Slicer.
- You can season the homemade snack with your favorite rubs. Brian will use Smoky Barbeque Rub in the segment.
- You can also use the chip maker to make apple, tortilla and pita chips.
- All chips are delicious with dips. If you want to make a dip, mix with a few tablespoons of your favorite rub/seasoning, with 1/2 low fat mayo, 1/2 low fat sour cream. It's as easy as that.
Crispy and Healthy Potato Chips
- Using a Simple Slicer, grab a small to medium potato (Brian is using a Russet potato - but Yukon, sweet potato, even yucca make great chips as well), and begin slicing potato. Place them on a paper towel in a single layer. Sprinkle each slice with salt or desired rub. Once seasoned, arrange the slices on a single layer on The Pampered Chef's MakerMicrowave Chip Maker. Place chip maker in center of microwave on the turntable, and microwave for designated time, based on chip of choice.
Classic Dill Dip
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 3 tbsp All-Purpose Dill Mix
- Assorted fresh vegetables (optional)
Combine mayonnaise, low-fat plain yogurt and All-Purpose Dill Mix. Mix well; cover and refrigerate 1 hour. Serve with fresh vegetables.
Yield: 16 servings (about 2 cups dip)
Nutrients per serving (2 tbsp dip, excluding optional ingredients): Calories 60, Total Fat 5 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 110 mg, Carbohydrate 2 g, Fiber 0 g, Protein 1 g