Researchers estimate that more than 45,000 visits to the ER between 1991 and 2010 in children under three were because of injuries related to using these products. Most of these injuries involved children who had a bottle and fell and cut their mouth.
Experts say a lot of parents baby-proof their house but don't ever thing about the possibility of an injury related to these products. They add parents can take steps to prevent injuries by staying in the same room with their babies once they become mobile.
The study appears in the journal, 'Pediatrics.'