There are many options for beating the summer heat and humidity, and keeping your natural style in check. Chris Curse from "Curls Unleashed" is here to show some simple summer natural hair styles that will keep you looking great from the board room to the beach.
facebook: Curls Unleashed
TIPS AND PRODUCTS
- There are two major challenges that women encounter during the summer -- retaining moisture and curl definition.
- To moisturize and define curls, we start all of these styles off with the "Take Command" Curl Defining Crème
- We use the "Set it Off" Curl Boosting Jelly, which recently one the Essence Magazine "Best in Black Beauty 2012 Award", for soft, well-defined, non-crunchy, curls that don't dry.
- Sweating is also a challenge when trying to preserve a hairstyle. So we recommend
- up do's
- wear headbands & scarves to lift the hair off the face
- at night pull the hair to the top of the head while sleeping
- Every product is formulated with its own blend of essential oil cocktails. none has sulfates, parabens, mineral oils or other drying, harmful additives. All products can found at Walgreens and Sally's Beauty Supply
You can meet Chris and the Curls Unleashed team tonight at "All Natural" Beauty Lounge, where you can have a consultation and get a free gift bag with these products. Chicago's own Syleena Johnson will be performing.
All Natural: An Artist's Workshop
2109 S. Michigan Ave.