- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp. of finely diced yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp. of finely diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup minced jalapeno
- 2 tbs minced serrano peppers
- 1/2 cup of finely diced yellow onion
- 2 tbsp. of minced garlic
- 1 1/2 pound of ground pork
- 8 oz. of hot chorizo, skinned and crumbled
- 1/3 cup of ground almonds
- 1/4 cup of drained and finely diced green olives stuffed with pimento
- 1 cup of dry white bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup of dry sherry
- 1/2 tsp. of black pepper
- canola or vegetable oil spray
- paprika for garnish.
First roast and then mash the garlic for the Garlic Spuds. (Following the recipe below.)
Set the oven at 375-degree
Melt the butter in a frying pan and sauté all the bell peppers and hit peppers, onion, and garlic until softened. Set aside to cool.
Combine the cooled vegetables and all the remaining meatloaf ingredients in a bowl. Mix well with your hands – be sure to blend together everything, scraping the side of the bowl with a spatula.
Divide the meatloaf mixture into 6 portions and place in a lightly greased, large, nonstick 6-cupcake/muffin pan. Round the top of each meatloaf cupcake in your hands to form a dome. Bake in the oven for approximately 30-40 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F and the cupcake tops are browned. Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes.
While the meatloaf cupcakes are baking and cooling slightly, finish preparing the garlic spuds according to the recipe below.
When cool enough to handle, unmold the meatloaf cupcakes carefully and set on a flat surface in preparation for "frosting." Insert any pastry tip into a 12 or 14-inch 30/35-cm pastry bag and fill with the hot garlic spuds (use caution, because the bag can be hot to touch). Have fun and be creative with your designs. Garnish with a light dusting of paprika and a slice of jalapeno or Serrano pepper. If you'd like the potatoes to be golden brown, place the "frosted" cupcakes under a hot broiler for a few minutes.