- 10 large, fresh grade AA eggs, separated
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups rum
- 6 tsp. pure almond extract
- 6 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tsp. ground allspice
Garnish: grated nutmeg and allspice
- Separate eggs into two bowls. Beat yolks until stiff, and beat whites with half the sugar until peaks form. Slowly fold whites and yolks together.
- Separately, beat cream with almond extract, vanilla and remaining sugar in a bowl until stiff.
- Slowly fold in cream with egg mixture.
- Add rum and stir gently.
- Refrigerate overnight, or serve immediately. Serves 18-20.