- 12 oz. day boat sea scallops
- 1 oz. canola oil
- 2 oz. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups watercress – large stems removed
- 1 clove garlic – chopped small
- 1 cup heirloom carrots – peeled & julienned
- 1 cup local radish (anything available – sliced thin)
- ½ lemon – juiced
Cook carrots in boiling salted water for two minutes. Season with salt, black pepper & 1 teaspoon olive oil and keep warm. Saute watercress in hot olive oil, add garlic after 15 seconds and continue to cook for 30 seconds or so. Season with salt, black pepper and keep warm. Dry scallops and sauté over high heat with canola oil. Cook about one minute per side until golden brown. Remove from heat. Brush with olive oil to cool and lubricate. Add a pinch of salt.
Arrange watercress on plates, add scallops, carrots and radishes squeeze fresh lemon on scallops. Serve ASAP. Serve with a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc
We like to serve with Kimchi at the restaurant.