Let's Dish host Chris Koetke has a recipe where he pairs the aromatic butter with fresh mangos, brown sugar and a touch of cardamom.
You can find more recipes likes this on the Live Well Network.
Recipe for Brown Butter Mango
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
2 ripe mangos, peeled, pitted and cut into small dice
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
Vanilla ice cream
1. In a large sauté pan on medium heat, melt the butter. Continue cooking until small flecks in the butter turn brown. Don't let the flecks become black.
2. As soon as the butter browns, add mangos and sauté for several minutes.
3. Add brown sugar, water, and cardamom.
4. Continue cooking for several minutes. If the mixture becomes too dry, simply add more water as the mixture should be somewhat saucy.
5. Serve immediately over vanilla ice cream.