Man working on microwave electrocuted in Elgin home

March 29, 2014 (ELGIN, Ill.)

Leslaw Pawlica, 33, was found not breathing by his brother-in-law about 10:55 p.m. in his garage in the 1200 block of Sebring Circle, according to fire officials and the Cook County Medical Examiner's office.

Pawlica had been working on his microwave when he was electrocuted, Battalion Chief Bryan McMahan of the Elgin Fire Department said. It was not immediately known whether the microwave was plugged in.

He was taken to St. Alexius Medical Center in Hoffman Estates, where he was pronounced dead at 12:04 a.m., the medical examiner's office said. An autopsy Saturday determined his cause of death was low-voltage electrocution, and his death was ruled an accident.

McMahan said no foul play is suspected. The Elgin Police Department could not be immediately reached for comment Saturday afternoon.

(Source: Sun-Times Media Wire - Copyright Chicago Sun-Times 2014.)

Copyright © 2023 WLS-TV. All Rights Reserved.