FBI offering $10K reward for alleged 'Bandage Bandit' bank robber
CHICAGO (WLS) -- The FBI has increased its reward for anyone with information on a suspect they've named the "Bandage Bandit."
Officials say the man is allegedly behind at least five bank robberies across the Chicago area:
- Chase Bank, 3000-block of North Clark Street, Chicago, during the afternoon of May 9
- PNC Bank, 2100-block of West Madison Street, Chicago, 9:45 a.m. on March 31
- Chase Bank, 3100-block of West Cermak Road, Chicago, 9:13 a.m. on April 6
- PNC Bank, 3300-block of West North Ave., Chicago, 10:46 a.m. on April 22
- PNC Bank, 2300-block of North Western Ave., Chicago, 9:12 a.m. on April 28
The FBI is now offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to his arrest.
The suspect earned his nickname after he wore a gauze bandage on his face during two of the crimes.
Copyright © 2023 WLS-TV. All Rights Reserved.