6 people sickened by South Loop carbon monoxide leak

WLS logo
Thursday, June 2, 2016

CHICAGO (WLS) -- Chicago fire officials say six people in a beauty salon were sent to various hospitals in good condition after feeling sick as the result of a carbon monoxide leak in the South Loop.

Firefighters were called to a building at 11th and Wabash Wednesday evening after the customers and employees complained of feeling ill. The fire department says high levels of carbon monoxide came from a water heater that had been improperly installed.

All six people should recover fully.