Candidate Full Name: Dominick 'Nick' Stella, M.D.
Office: Congress, Illinois Congressional District 11
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Site: www.stellaforcongress.com
Campaign Name: Nick Stella, M.D. for Congress
Phone: (708) 541-9866
Survey Questions (Character limit of 2,000 per response)
1. Please tell us about yourself, your background and why you believe you are qualified to hold this office.
I raised in Darien IL, graduated from Illinois Benedictine University in Lisle. While attending medical school, I was employed at Argonne National Laboratory, and then proceeded to received my M.D. in 1995 from Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine. After residency training at Loyola University I stayed to complete my Fellowships in Cardiology and Interventional Cardiology, where I was named both Cardiology Chief Fellow as well as Interventional Chief Fellow. I enjoyed giving back to those that served in the military by treating veterans for nine years at the Edward Hines Jr. V.A. Hospital in Illinois. I have been married for 17 years and I have a daughter.
I am in touch with the community on a daily basis, I'm caring for the citizens in the district communities. I often have conservations with not only regards to their health but how government actions and decisions affect their daily lives.
2. With this being a presidential election year, who would you like to be elected President and why?
I don't have a favorite candidate at this point and time, but will support the republican nominee.
3. The fight against ISIS is on everyone's mind, especially after the terrorist attacks in Paris and San Bernardino. What would your plan be in the fight against ISIS and for the national security of the U.S?
The first step is to secure our border in order to ensure our nation's security.
Secondly we should fight ISIS with all options available, we must fight ISIS in a manner which the current administration is not doing, and with a coalition of nations with likeminded goals.
4. Do you support a federal assault weapons ban? Why or why not? What other federal gun control measures would you support?
At this time, I do not support more restrictive gun law as these laws only serve to restrict access by law abiding citizens. Criminals by definition do not abide by laws and we need to be enforcing our current existing laws.
5. What are your thoughts on what has been done so far with immigration reform?
I feel that immigration reform has been talked about often, but very little action, the divisiveness in congress has to be overcome so that immigration reform can be discussed in a productive manner and true immigration reform can be created.