Florida woman's e-cig explodes, causes fire in car

WLS logo
Sunday, February 28, 2016

A Florida woman is recovering Saturday after an e-cigarette exploded and caused her car to go up in flames.

Cassandra Koziol said she was sitting in her car and pushed the button on her e-cig to get a puff of smoke. That when it exploded and set the car on fire.

"I felt an impact in my face," Koziol said. "I let go and I saw sparks fly off into the passenger side."

Koziol has severe burns and lost two teeth as a result of the fire.

She said she never had any problems with e-cigarettes until Friday night and still doesn't know what caused it to explode.