Mac Miller died of accidental overdose of fentanyl, cocaine and ethanol, coroner says

LOS ANGELES -- Coroner's officials on Monday released the cause of death of the rapper Mac Miller, who died in September at his home in Studio City.

The 26-year-old hip-hop artist, whose real name was Malcolm James McCormick, "died from mixed drug toxicity (fentanyl, cocaine and ethanol)," according to a statement from the Los Angeles County coroner's office.

RELATED: Mac Miller dies in his Studio City home at age of 26, family confirms

The manner of death was ruled accidental.

McCormick was found unresponsive Sept. 7 at his home in the 11600 block of Valleycrest Drive. He was pronounced dead at the scene by emergency responders.

The Pittsburgh native was in a two-year relationship with Ariana Grande that ended earlier this year.

MORE: Ariana Grande calls late ex-boyfriend Mac Miller 'sweetest soul'
EMBED More News Videos

Ariana Grande posted a tribute Friday to her ex-boyfriend Mac Miller a week after the hip-hop star's death.



His music, which often examined his depression and drug use, won him fans among some of the biggest names in hip-hop.

Performers at a tribute concert for him last week included Chance the Rapper, Travis Scott and John Mayer.

RELATED: Ariana Grande thanks exes in new song; Pete Davidson addresses break up on 'SNL'

IN MEMORIAM: Celebrities and notable figures who have died recently


The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Copyright © 2019 KABC-TV. All Rights Reserved.