CHICAGO (WLS) -- The opening night of Grant Park Music Festival in Millennium Park is back on.
Earlier on Tuesday, the musicians of the Grant Park Orchestra voted to reject a proposed three-year agreement offered by the Grant Park Orchestral Association. Following the vote, it was announced that the opening night of Grant Park Music Festival would be canceled.
Later the same evening, festival organizers said the concert would go on as planned after a tentative, three-year collective bargaining agreement had been reached with the help of a federal mediator.
Organizers said negotiations had been underway for nearly eight weeks after the musicians' contract expired on May 31.
Opening night of Grant Park Music Festival back on
More TOP STORIES News