CHICAGO (WLS) -- Chicago will celebrate local craft breweries this summer. On Thursday, Mayor Rahm Emmanuel announced "Chicago Friday Night Flights," a series of beer-tasting festivals across six different neighborhoods.
The six beer festivals will feature more than 60 breweries from throughout Chicago. Tasting passes will be sold at each event, which will also feature local food and music.
The series begins on Friday, June 2, in Pilsen and concludes on August 25 in Ravenswood.
Argus, Lagunitas, Lo Rez, Mad Mouse and Whiner breweries are a few of the brewers scheduled for the June 2 festival.
The Chicago Friday Night Flights schedule is as follows:
- Friday, June 2nd: Pilsen, Bridgeport & Pullman, 2700 Block of South Eleanor Street
- Friday, June 16th: Milwaukee Avenue Corridor, 2700 Block of North Milwaukee Avenue
- Friday, July 7th: Lincoln Park & Lakeview, Location:
- Friday, July 21st: Loop, South Loop & Bronzeville, 2300 Block of South Indiana Avenue
- Friday, August 11th: West Loop & West Town, 300 Block of North Sangamon Street
- Friday, August 25th: Ravenswood Corridor, 4700 Block of North Ravenswood Avenue
For more information on participating breweries and to purchase tickets, go to www.chicagofridaynightflights.com.
City launches series of craft beer festivals
More TOP STORIES News