CHICAGO -- Our Friends at Alessi sent Schechter and a lucky member of our studio audience home with a gift basket of goodies. Visit http://alessifoods.com/ for all the Alessi products.
Spicy (and Healthy!) Fried Rice
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 lb brown rice, cooked
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper (red, orange, or yellow), minced
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp EVOO
- salt, ground pepper, and cholula sauce to taste
1. Bring a non-stick skillet to medium-heat, and then add EVOO.
2. Add chopped onions to skillet and stir occasionally until they begin to become translucent (appx. 3-4 minutes).
3. Add ground turkey to onions in skillet, breaking the meat into small pieces as you mix until thoroughly cooked-through.
4. Add lime juice and salt/pepper to mixture.
5. Add cooked rice to the skillet.
6. Crack eggs over mixture and fold into rice.
7. Add cholula to taste.
8. Plate rice and garnish with lime slices, cholula, and avocado slices
Home Cook: Michelle's Spicy (and Healthy!) Fried Rice
WINDY CITY LIVE
More TOP STORIES News