Taryn Huebner joined ABC7 from Lincoln Park with a new restaurant/shopping concept in the city called The Kismet Table.
If you'd like to check out The Kismet Table, it is located at 2142 N. Halsted St.
Visit kismettable.com for more information.
Baked Brie with Apricots and Pistachios
- 1 sheet frozen Puff Pastry, thawed to room temperature (I love DuFour Brand because it's all butter)
- Brie Cheese round (about 6-inches in diameter)
- 2 tablespoons Apricot Jam
- 1/3 cup Dried Apricots, roughly chopped
- 1 large Egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup Pistachios, roasted and salted
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 2 tbs Fresh Chives, chopped
- 1/2 Orange, zested with a microplane(1 tsp zest)
- Pinch Flaky or Kosher Salt (to taste)
- *Topping can easily be doubled... it's really fantastic and tends to disappear quickly!
- Fruit & Crackers for serving
Preheat the oven to 400F. For convenience, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Gently roll your pastry out a bit, just to smooth the creases. Place brie on top of pastry and spread apricot jam over the top of the cheese. Sprinkle chopped dried apricots over the jam and bring the sides of pastry over the brie, pinching the edges together to form a package. Cut excess pastry with scissors if necessary. Brush bundle with egg wash and season with flaky sea salt. (Now you can bake immediately or refrigerate up to 2 days before baking. You can also freeze your brie at this point. And bake at a later time, adding 15-20 minutes on to the cook time.)
Place brie in the oven and bake 25-30 minutes, until pastry is deep golden brown.
While your brie is baking, finely chop your roasted & salted pistachios. Place them in a bowl and add and honey, chives, and orange zest.
Allow Brie to cool for 8-10 minutes, then serve with pistachio topping, fruit and crackers or crostini.