Do you think strength training is only for men? Or that it will make you look like a man? Well, it doesn't! Andrea "Dre" Nichols-Everett, founder of D3 Fitness dispels the myths of strength training for women and shows us the go-to exercises for arms, legs and core that will make you feel and look better.
Here's the top 5 strength training myths:
1. You get Big and Bulky if you strength train
2. You will look masculine-I dont' want to look "manish" is what they say.
3. I'm too big to lift, weight lifting will only make be bigger
4. Older women shouldn't strength train
5. Muscle weighs more than fat and I don't want to gain more weight
Two ladies who have been training with Dre join her - one is 74 years old!!!!
To find out more about D3: Dre's Diesel Dome Fitness - head to their website: http://d3bootcamp.com
To claim your spot for the free class during their open house on Saturday, June 4th for their Taste of D3: http://d3bootcamp.com/free
Lift like a girl: Strength training for women
WINDY CITY LIVE
More TOP STORIES News