CHICAGO (WLS) -- Valentine's Day is just around the corner - the day when you spoil your sweetheart. If you do not want to spend a lot of money, you can give him or her your own spa treatment right at home.
Leah Chavie, founder and owner of Leah Chavie Skincare Boutique, came into our studio to show us a few tricks. Among other things, Chavie says rose oil is good for use in massage oils, chocolate is good for skincare, and warmth is an essential element to a massage.
Leah Chavie's recipes:
1. Chocolate honey mask
1 teaspoon cocoa powder
1 teaspoon yogurt
1 teaspoon honey
1. Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Apply to your skin with either clean fingertips or a soft facial brush.
3. Leave on skin for 15-20 minutes.
4. Remove with warm water.
2. Rose aromatherapy massage oil
4 tablespoons coconut oil
9-11 drops of the rose essential oil
1. Combine in a glass bottle or jar.
2. Roll the bottle between your palms to combine the oils.
3. Warm the oil in your hands before starting the massage.
3. Rose sugar scrub
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup coconut oil
10 drops rose essential oil
1. Combine ingredients in a glass jar, mason jar or bottle.
2. Apply the scrub to your entire body while in the shower or bath.
Valentine's Day DIY spa treatments