Crown Point girl back home after being found safe in Arkansas; Suspect in custody

Monday, August 19, 2019
Missing Ind. girl back home after being found in Ark.; Suspect in custody
EMBED <>More Videos

A missing teenager from Northwest Indiana returned home with her family Monday morning after she was found safe in Arkansas.

CROWN POINT, Ind. (WLS) -- A missing teenager from Northwest Indiana returned home with her family Monday morning after she was found safe in Arkansas.

Madison Eddlemon's family said a stalker abducted her. The family drove out to Arkansas immediately when they heard their daughter had been found Sunday.

"She's good. She's tired. She's been through a lot. It was a pretty eventful day for her. FBI agents found her and they apprehended the kid that took her and so she's safe with us now," said John Eddlemon, father, after returning home Monday.

An Amber Alert was issued nationwide for the 16-year-old Sunday morning. Her car was found abandoned with her belongings still inside at an intersection not far from home.

22-year-old Alexander Martin Curry-Fishtorn.

Alexander Curry-Fishtorn, 22, of St. John, Indiana is now in custody. Madison's mother said he's a U.S. Marine reservist who yanked her out of her car Saturday morning, kidnapped her and then drove to a friend's house in Arkansas where he allegedly forced her to dye her hair.

"He rigged the car so the door wouldn't open," said Nichole Cain, mother. "She was trying to get out. She said she was kicking and screaming when he grabbed her and just took off. And she went from a blonde to now her hair is dyed black."

Cain said Curry-Fishtorn has been stalking her daughter for over a year after meeting her at a Marine recruitment facility in Crown Point. She was training there with a group of young people once a week to one day become a Marine.

"Just stalking her and making her contact him, and if she didn't stuff was gonna happen and it all spiraled into this," Cain said.

She said Curry-Fishtorn was assisting the training program and started secretly seeing her daughter, which then allegedly led to physical abuse, threats of violence and ultimately an order of protection.

It appears she may not have been his only target.

"I had two mothers write me and say he did the exact same thing to them, but when police got involved he stopped," Cain said. "They banned him from the building to stop him from assisting, they did stop him from being around the kids."

ABC7 has reached out to the Marines, who said they are in the process of gathering information. If he is found guilty of the allegations he will be held accountable under the Uniform Code of Military Justice as well.

Police in Hot Springs Arkansas confirm they have Curry-Fishtorn in custody. No charges have been filed yet. Authorities have not shared how they were found.