CHICAGO (WLS) -- Residents in the Lakeview neighborhood on the North Side are being told to be on alert after reports of at least five armed robberies in the past week.
Five incidents occurred since Monday, the latest of which was shortly before midnight Friday in the 2400-block of North Seminary near the DePaul University campus in the Lincoln Park neighborhood.
In each robbery, the offender showed a gun. The robberies happened at:
- 9:30 p.m. Monday in 1200-block of West Waveland
- 9:40 p.m. Monday in 1300-block of West Henderson
- 11:30 p.m. Thursday in 1200-block of West Oakdale
- 11:40 p.m. Friday in 2900-block of North Sheffield
- 11:55 p.m. Friday in 2400-block of North Seminary
Residents in the area said they generally feel safe.
"It definitely makes me a little uncomfortable, but since I've been here, this whole year, I've felt very safe in the neighborhood," said DePaul student Emma McCarthy. "But I do make sure I go out with friends. I wouldn't walk around alone too late at night."
Police are searching for the offender or offenders.
More TOP STORIES News