1 hospitalized after high-rise electrical fire on Near West Side

One person was hospitalized after an electrical fire broke out in a high-rise on the city's Near West Side.

One person was hospitalized after an electrical fire broke out in a high-rise on the city's Near West Side.

Officials say an electrical panel malfunctioned in the basement of the building, located in the 500-block of West Monroe, Saturday afternoon.

A ComEd worker was taken to Northwestern Hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.

Related Topics:
chicago fire departmentapartment firefireChicago - Near West Side
(Copyright ©2018 WLS-TV. All Rights Reserved.)