Candidate Full Name: Dorian Myrickes
Office: 2nd Congressional District Congressman
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Site: http://www.dorianforcongress.org/
Mailing Address: P.O Box 17628 Chicago, IL 60617
Survey Questions (Character limit of 2,000 per response)
1. Please tell us about yourself, your background and why you believe you are qualified to hold this office.
I was born and raised in Chicago Illinois. I am professor and a published author. I am a dedicated father to 3 loving children. I am a steward in the community. I graduated with a Bachelor's in English Literature and communications. I have a Master's in Post-Secondary Education and working on my Doctoral degree in Post-Secondary Education. I am also a classically trained chef.
I am qualitied to hold this office because it is my constitutional right.
2. With this being a presidential election year, who would you like to be elected President and why?
Right now, my focus and dedication is to the 2nd Congressional District of Illinois. Whomever the president shall be, it would be our mission to work together, in restoring the 2nd District and making America a better place for families.
3. The fight against ISIS is on everyone's mind, especially after the terrorist attacks in Paris and San Bernardino. What would your plan be in the fight against ISIS and for the national security of the U.S?
My plan is to work closely with our military, Representatives in Congress, and Senate, though legislation, technology, and implementation in protecting American Citizens and people around the World from Terrorist attacks.
4. Do you support a federal assault weapons ban? Why or why not? What other federal gun control measures would you support?
No, many people use assault weapons for large game hunting. Assault weapons should be used for limited usages; such as hunting and the protection of family. However, tougher application and legislation processes should be placed, to ensure assault weapons are not put in the hands of convicted criminals and mentally incapacitated individuals. Gun owners at gun shows should have individuals and or groups present multiple identification and complete a thorough application and include a fee.
5. What are your thoughts on what has been done so far with immigration reform?
I agree with the current immigration reform. However, if immigrants have high class level felonies and misdemeanors they need to be deported and returned to their country.